There are number of serious discussions over NoSQL database for the high performance distributed web applications. At present there are only two main contenders in the race. One is the MongoDB and the other one is CouchDB. If you are the one to care about the data and most of the time having the data saved then MongoDB is not recommended for it. The marketing engine behind MongoDB is vast. They exist and work with the very good writers working for them. In such cases one needs to look forward for some examples. Some of the examples are as under:
- While building the Lotus Notes, we use couch as the programmer versioning reconciliation that we even called as MVCC models. This model fits in perfectly. In a problem where data is offline for hours then back online would fit it. In case, if we need several or consistent master -master replica database. For doing such geographically distributed, often offline, we must use couch.
- In such instances you may need to know about what is couch. Couch is reliable and better as a mobile embedded database on the phones. This is primarily because of the online or the offline replication capabilities.
- Why do most of the people like Mongo. The reason behind the same is the geospatial indexes. If we had a high performance requirement, one will definitely opt Mongo without any hesitation. For example, the website user profiles object the storage or may be catching the data from other sources.
- In a problem with very high update rates, we opt out mongo. The reason for choosing mongo here is it that it is good at that. For an example updating the real time analytics counters. In the contrary Couch is suitable when lots of snapshots is a requirement.
MongoDB trades the concurrency and the toughness for the faster performance of the single clients. This programming model is nearer to MySQL so it’s not that big leap for the developers who are used to traditional 3 tier architectures. Mongo is much more documented than couch.
- The ecosystem of MangoDB looks wider from the one that of CouchDB. One can easily find the libraries or the extension for MangoDB. As comparing it with the CouchDB such task is not that easy.
- With the version 2.0, mangoDB improved the data safety policy with a journaling. So one does not feel to be worried while using MangoDB.
- While using such programmers queries are natural and what is the first mover advantage that it provides is that one could easily manipulate the data.
- Both the CouchDB and MongoDB have bulk-API that is useful for some task, but most of the web apps are dealing in fairly small and independent piece of information
Usage of couchDB and MongoDB henceforth varies from person to person and depends upon the database. Therefore one must opt out the any of them according to the requirements.